5 Wall Décor Ideas for every Space
Imagine sitting on a sofa while waiting for someone, you have a blank wall right in front of you, that’s continuously screaming out unforgivable boringness, but you can do nothing but simply hope for the time to pass by! We have all been Jammed-up in miserable situations like these. Such time freezing instances occur when people tend to neglect one of the most important elements while renovating their space and that is the wall décor. According to psychology, the way we decorate our homes is a reflection of the decisions that we’ve made at some point in our lives. Similarly, walls are one of those empty canvases where we can display our inspirations and stories. Therefore it becomes really important for us to have our walls decorated righteously. This would not only make you feel good but will also help you in making a good first impression.
Wall decoration could be as complex or as simple as you want it to be. Some people prefer a minimalistic wall while some want it to hold a lot of complex elements. It depends upon your creativity and understanding of how you want your canvas to look like. Before you start brainstorming here are 5 brilliant wall décor ideas for you to get inspired from.
1. Wall of Frames
When we think of Wall décor ideas, Frames are one of the first thoughts that cross our minds. Frames could be used in infinite ways depending upon the amount of money you are willing to spend and the type of look you are aiming at. Here a few surefire ways to make your wall décor impactful.
- If you are aiming for a minimalistic wall, the easiest thing you could do is hang a frame directly onto the blank wall. This frame could be an abstract painting, an antique art frame or a family picture.
- To get a little overboard with the above idea you can hang 3 frames all together onto a blank wall. This will add up a sense of symmetry to your wall without making it look overdone. You can be as creative as you want to be with the arrangement of these frames.
- Another idea that you can try out is creating a collage with different sized solid frames. Try arranging a mix of landscape and portrait frames all together to match up to the size of one large frame. To make this look a little richer and heavy you can use oxidized, chrome, gold frames with motifs.
- If you want to save your walls from all the drilling and screwing process than you can try placing a simple Chester or a 4 legged table in the center of your wall. Now place your Small to medium-sized frame on it along with some plants and lamps to jazz up this arrangement.
2. Add a statement piece
Statement pieces are a new high these days. A statement piece could be something that reflects your lifestyle and personality. For instance, if you are a music lover you can try hooking up some of your instruments onto the wall or if you are someone who loves to paint, then you can try installing some of your art pieces onto the wall. This will not only give the wall your personal touch but will also add an engaging vibe to it.
TIP: if you can’t think of any statement pieces for your wall decor, then you can try putting up ceramic plates. These are one of the most readily available items found in almost every crockery store. To give it your touch, you can try painting them or get them printed as per your desired look.
3. Mirror, mirror on the wall
Mirrors are great Pieces to hook up on the walls especially if you have a small space because mirrors make a small space look bigger. The only important thing you need to do here is to decide upon the look that you are aiming for. For instance, people steering towards a bohemian feel can go for solid framed mirrors, whereas People going for a vintage or European classical feel can try out decorative mirrors with an antique frame. These antique frames could be in either metallic or wooden finishes.
4. Murals and wallpapers
If you want your walls to look fuller without having to hang a lot of stuff on it, then these are the right picks for you!
- Wallpapers are one of those alternatives that can make your walls pop without burning a hole in your pocket. All you need is to decide upon the colour and design of the wallpaper to get the job done.
- Murals are for those who are fond of artful pieces. You can get these murals painted on the wall directly or get them printed in the form of a wallpaper. Though this might be a little harsh on your pocket but will surely leave you with utter satisfaction in the end.
TIP: To give all of the above-mentioned ideas a finishing touch, try pouring some light onto it. You can add spotlights or accent lights such as scones and pendants.
5. Green is the new Black
Indoor Plants can never go out of style! When you’ve got nothing to choose from, this can come up as your savior. Irrespective of the look that you are going for, you can always choose to have small planters hung up on your walls. These planters are not only easy on your pocket but also a very healthy alternative for every space. You can try out semi-circular baskets or hanging baskets that are suspended from the ceiling to revamp your wall. Another green alternative you can go for is a green wall. A green wall is a concept where you fill your entire wall with either artificial or natural indoor plants. though This process requires quite a lot of effort and expense; however, it surely will give out that wow factor to your walls.